What is personal data?
The new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) defines in Article 4 Paragraph 1 GDPR in the definitions what is meant by personal data:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as the “data subject”); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person; […].”
The use of our website is always possible without providing personal data. Where personal data (such as name, address or e-mail addresses) are collected on our website, this is always on a voluntary basis in accordance with the terms provided.
- Name and contact details of the controller and data protection officer
1213 PG, Hilversum
Data protection officer of the controller
Data protection queries can be sent to the data protection officer at Informore via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can send your request by post to the following address:
Data protection officer
1213 PG, Hilversum
- Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of its use
- a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.informore.com the browser used on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in what is referred to as a log file. The following information will be collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which access is made (referrer URL),
- Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The data given is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring smooth connection to the website,
- Ensuring ease of use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- for additional administrative purposes.
The legal basis for data processing here is Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest arises from the data collection purposes listed above. Under no circumstances do we use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you.
- b) Use of our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the opportunity to contact us via a form provided on the website and if you are requesting a Live-Demo, one of our account managers will contact you by e-mail or phone to illustrate our products and the benefits of using them.
It is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address so that we know who the request came from and to answer it. Additional information can be provided voluntarily. The data processing for the purpose of contacting us is in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntarily granted consent. The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of the request made by you.
- Disclosure of data
No transmission of your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below is carried out. We only share your personal information with third parties if:
- You have explicitly given your consent to do so pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 S. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data,
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. c GDPR is a legal obligation, as well as
- this is legally permissible and according to Art. 6 Abs. 1 S. 1 lit. b GDPR is required for the settlement of contractual relationships with you.
- Analysis tools [“Tracking”]
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure a needs-based design and the continuous optimisation of our website. Furthermore, we use the tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offerings for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
- a) Google Analytics
For the purpose of the needs-based design and continuous optimisation of our website, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (www.google.com/intl/en/about/our-company/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter referred to as “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- Operating system being used,
- Referrer URL (the page previously visited),
- Hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of server query,is sent to a server of Google in the USA and stored there.
The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity, and to provide other services related to website activity and internet usage for the purposes of market research and tailoring of this website. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data in the order. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised so that no assignment is possible (IP masking). You can prevent the installation of cookies by setting the browser software accordingly; however, we point out that in this case not all features of this website may be fully available. You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set that will prevent the future collection of your data when you visit this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will need to set the opt-out cookie again. For more information relating to data privacy in connection with Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Analytics help system (support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245).
- b) Google AdWords Conversion Tracking
To statistically record the use of our website and to evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our website, we also use Google Conversion Tracking. In doing so, Google AdWords will set a cookie (see section 4) on your computer if you have reached our website via a Google ad. These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If you visit certain pages of the AdWords customer’s website and the cookie has not expired, Google and the customer may recognise that you have clicked on the ad and have been redirected to this website.
- Rights of the data subject
Given below is information on your rights in connection with your personal data:
- According to Art. 15 GDPR, you may request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can provide information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been disclosed, the planned retention period, the right to rectification, deletion, limitation of processing or opposition, the existence of a right to complain, the source of the data, if not collected from us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information about the details
- According to Art. 16 GDPR you can immediately demand the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored with us;
- In accordance with Art. 17 GDPR you may also request the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless such processing is for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims is required;
- In accordance with Art. 18 GDPR you are entitled to request the limitation of processing of your personal data, as far as the accuracy of your data is disputed, the processing is unlawful, but you decline the deletion of such data and we no longer require the data, however you require the data for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have objected to the data processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR (see section 8);
- In accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, you may receive your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or require it to be forwarded to another data controller;
- In accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR you can revoke your consent previously given to us at any time. As a result, we are not permitted to continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- In accordance with Art. 77 GDPR you can complain to a supervisory authority. You are normally permitted to contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office.
- Right to object
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 clause 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to file an objection against the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection relates to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us with no requirement to give a specific reason. If you would like to exercise your right of revocation or objection, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.